Microneedling Aftercare Instructions
The needling device is applied to the skin causing micro-trauma to the problem area. NB: Combining customized serum micro-needling treatment deeply feeds the treated area with hydration to the dermis and basal layer.
- Erythema from treatment will surface within 30 minutes and last up to 48 hours depending from person to person. Though, commonly subsides by 8 hours.
- No makeup or actives serums or cream to be applied on THIS DAY.
After treatment, the skin heals itself producing new collagen, elastin, and healthy skin cells
- Skin will experience a sunburn-like sensation
- Day 1-5 the skin will be dry
- Day 3-7 skin may begin to peel
- Drinking 2-4 litres of water daily will help with cell turnover
- Strictly adhering to post skincare advised by the aesthetician is strongly recommended
- No Makeup - If required use only mineral makeup
- SPF30+ Apply mineral sunscreen daily
- By week three you may see 3/4 of the treatment results
- As the skin is renewed, it appears tighter, fresher, fuller, and smoother eliminating fine lines, refining wrinkles and supercharging the overall skin’s texture, tone and appearance
- Keep drinking 2-4 litres of water daily
- Strictly adhering to post-treatment skincare advised is strongly recommended.
- Skin prone to acne may experience breakouts post-treatment
- Makeup can be worn
- SPF30+ Apply mineral sunscreen daily
Avoid strenuous exercise, hot showers, pools spas and saunas for 48 hours post treatment
Commence the use of HA and Vitamin B immediately post treatment
Commence the use of Vitamin C 3 days post
Commence the use of Vitamin A 7 days post
Commence the use of Exfoliation (including AHAs and BHAs) products 7 days post treatment
Use sunscreen at all times. We recommend an all-day mineral sunscreen available for purchase at the clinic.
Only prescribed makeup should be applied for the first 48 hours
No waxing to the area for 2 weeks post
No Botox to the area for 48 hours post
Dermaplane Aftercare Instructions
Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily for a minimum of 7 days post treatment. Use gentle skin care products on the skin following treatment and keep skin care routine simple.
Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 or greater, reapply often, wear a wide brimmed hat, and seek shade when possible. Be careful of sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily for 2 weeks.
Avoid excessive heat 3 days post treatment, i.e. heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc.
Avoid chlorine for 24 hours.
Waxing, threading, laser hair removal and any light-based treatment should be avoided for a period of 7- 14 days
Avoid Dermal Fillers or Botox for 2 to 4 weeks based on area.
Do not pick, scratch, or aggressively rub the treated area.
No scrubs, polishers, or aggressive brushes should be used for 7 to 14 days.
Do apply serums as absorption levels will be elevated.
You may experience slight peeling for the first few days. Slight windburn sensation and/or blotches are normal for the first few days.
Skin care products may tingle or slightly burn for the first 2 days.
The use of exfoliating products is not recommended for 3-5 days following treatment and avoid glycolic acid and the use of AHAs and BHAs.
If scabs develop on the skin, avoid picking and allow the skin to heal to avoid scarring and the risk of cross infection
Chemical Peel Aftercare Instructions
Keep skin care routine simple following a peel. Wash your face with cool water to soothe the skin
It is important to Moisturise and hydrate the skin since peels can temporarily compromise your skin’s protective barrier
Drink more water to help avoid dehydration, which could make your skin feel tight
Apply sunscreen with SPF30 or more and avoid direct sun exposure
Avoid strenuous workouts, dry saunas and steam rooms. Increased blood circulation to the face can intensify warming, tingling, itching, redness or other uncomfortable side effects on freshly peeled skin
Don’t over-exfoliate. Peels are maximum-strength exfoliants, so you don’t need to use a separate exfoliant within 3-4 days of your peel. Over-exfoliating can lead to additional redness or sensitivity.No Fillers to the area for 48 hours post
No Microdermabrasion or Infusion to the area for 2 weeks post
No Dermal Peels to the area for 2 weeks post (Scar treatments excluded)
No Microneedling to the area for 2-6 weeks post
No LHR, LPR or LRR to the area for 2 weeks post
Avoid direct area if LVR has been performed for 6 weeks post